Ravine Creek Farm CSA 2019!
FRIENDS WE COULDN’T BE HAPPIER – OUR COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE PROGRAM IS BACK FOR ANOTHER DELICIOUS SEASON, PROVING ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR KALE AND EAT IT TOO.
HOW IT WORKS:
MEMBERS SIGN UP AND PAY $600 FOR THEIR SHARE BY APRIL 1ST. STARTING IN MAY MEMBERS RECEIVE A WEEKLY BOX OF MIXED VEGETABLES AVERAGING A VALUE OF $30/WEEK. PROCEED STRAIGHT TO VEGETABLE EUPHORIA FOR THE NEXT 20 WEEKS. KNOW YOUR FARMERS ARE SLEEPING EASIER AT NIGHT.
We can be reached by phone – 226-7333 or email ravine.creek@gmail
ABOUT OUR CSA
- The Program runs for 20 weeks from late May to October.
- Boxes are picked up weekly at either our farm in Appledale or from our stand at the Hall St. Market on Wednesdays.
- Shares are $600 for 20 weeks. Payment can be made by cheque, cash or e-transfer.
- We are dedicated to doing our best to make our CSA program accessible to all households, regardless of income. If your household requires an alternate payment schedule, please get in touch directly to discuss options. ALSO
- There is a pretty rad coupon program run by Healthy Families BC and the BC Farmers Market Association the coupons can be used to purchase produce from our stand (and all the other awesome local farmers! ) at the Nelson Farmers Market on Baker St. Wednesdays from June to Sept. The coupons are available at various advocacy organizations in Nelson (Food Cupboard, Kootenay Kids etc.)
- We are often asked how many people an average box feeds and the answer is always: it depends! Some households eat tons of fresh vegetables and some comparatively little, what we can tell folks is that the boxes have an average dollar value of $30/week. So take a moment and visualize $30 worth of just vegetables.